- To provide opportunities to young students to shape them as innovative and farsighted teachers who can meet the requirements of global competitive world and contribute to academic excellence.
- To impart value – based curriculum good academic environment for strengthening faith in humanistic, social and moral values as well as in Indian Cultural heritage and democracy.
- To create facilities for impairing quality education and grow into a centre of excellence in the field of teacher education.
- To develop necessary competences in a teacher to have a desire for life-long learning and for reaching the unreached and explore the unexplored.
- Imparting and creating new knowledge.
- Building core teaching competences in prospective teachers.
- Developing skills for information processing and life long learning.
- Undertaking action research and applied research at grassroots level.
- Keeping pace with information and communication technology.
- Cultivating human and spiritual values.